Background & Experience
Matt Emmons joined NAI Shames Makovsky in 2014 and brings over 10 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. Working initially as an independent broker, investor and developer allowed Matt to became intimately familiar with every detail of a commercial real estate transaction from several different perspectives. With this experience, Matt is able to offer his clients knowledgeable and clear direction in their real estate decisions throughout the entire process. Matt’s primary focus now is on landlord and tenant representation in industrial, retail and office projects within the Denver metro area.
Other real estate brokerage includes time at Sperry Properties where he was responsible for the leasing and property management of a 500,000 square foot portfolio of industrial, retail and office assets. Handling the leasing and property management gave him a keen understanding of both the revenue and expense sides of an asset.
Prior to entering the real estate field, he held Director level positions in the telecommunications and financial software industries specifically focusing on product management and marketing. This experience in organizing multiple functional groups toward a common goal of a new product launch helped Matt form a strong foundation in building relationships and working collaboratively as a team, essential elements when working with multiple stakeholders in real estate transactions.
Matt is originally from Florida but moved to Colorado in grade school and considers himself a native. He is married with two children and enjoys spending time outdoors with his family whenever he gets the chance.
• 2014 – Present: Broker, NAI Shames Makovsky, Denver, CO
• 2013 – 2014: Broker/Owner, Highline Commercial Properites, Denver, CO
• 2008 – 2013: Broker, Sperry Properties, Inc., Denver, CO
• 2004 – 2008: Broker, Investor and Developer, Highline Development, LLC, Denver, CO
Professional Associations & Designations
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Colorado State University, Ft. Collins, CO
• Master of Business Administration in Technology Management from University of Colorado, Boulder, CO